white dresses spilling from our feet, late August
turning our hands dark red. And this is how we loved:
a fifth of vodka and an afternoon in the attic, your fingers
sweeping though my hair—my hair a wildfire.
We covered our ears and your father’s tantrum turned
into heartbeats. When our lips touched the day closed
into a coffin. In the museum of the heart
there are two headless people building a burning house.
There was always the shotgun above the fireplace.
Always another hour to kill—only to beg some god
to give it back. If not the attic, the car. If not the car,
the dream. If not the boy, his clothes. If not alive,
put down the phone. Because the year is a distance
we’ve traveled in circles. Which is to say: this is how
we danced: alone in sleeping bodies. Which is to say:
This is how we loved: a knife on the tongue turning
into a tongue.❞
- I have seen many questionnaires but none including history. What a shame..
- 1. Who is your favourite historical person?
- 2. What is your country most famous for in history?
- 3. What is your country most infamous for in history?
- 4. Favourite historical era?
- 5. Favourite weapon?
- 6. Military unit?
- 7. Historical dressing, uniform or costume?
- 8. What is the last thing you have read/ listened/ spoke with historical reference?
- 9. Favourite historical film?
- 10. Pieces of art ( paintings, sculpures, lithographies, ect.) related to history you like most ( post an image of them)
- 11. Have you participated in reenactment? What it was like?
- 12. Would you take part in reenactment? In what era and as whom?
- 13. Something random about some random historical person in a random era.
- 14. Why you are interested in history ( a silly question, eh?) ?
- 15. Were the history classes teached in an interesting way in your school/ college/ university? What would you do to improve them if you were the teacher / lecturer?
- 16. Do you own some historical item? ( coin, clothing, weapons, books, ect) If yes which one is your favourite?
- 17. What historical item would you like to own?
- 18. Look at the clock and assume the numbers are forming historical year ( 17;58 would be 1758) What was / is / will be the world that year? Any event happened then or will happen?
- 19. Favourite historical book?
- 20. History crush?
- 21. Historical game?
- 22. Random historical fact about the place you are at the moment.
- 23. Favourite historical song / with such reference?
- 24. Most underrated historical figure?
- 25. Most overrated historical figure in your opinion?
- 26. Forgotten hero we should know about and admire?
- 27. Favourite historical " What if... " ?
- 28. Favourite "dream team" of specific era or the entire history?
- 29. Great historical mystery you are interested in?
- 30. Ask me a question of your own.
- Send me the numbers of the questions you wish to be answered in my "Ask".